I have been nominated by the amazing Ingrid blogging at experimentsinfiction for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Her blog, experimentsinfiction has wonderful reads for any lover of great short stories, beautiful poetry and mesmerizing travel locations from Slovenia.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
QUESTIONS FOR ME
- When did you start writing?
As a passion, it was way back when I was just nine years old. My first try at it was a short story for my school magazine. It was about a haunted house and was published with special commendation. That’s when I really fell in love with writing.
I first got into professional writing as a Feature Writer for a magazine publisher back in 2009 and I started blogging just a few months ago, April 2020.
- What are your writing goals?
On a professional front I’m not in writing anymore, I switched gears into Brand Marketing a while back. Since then I write mainly as a hobby and to keep my skills up to date.
I do have an end destination in mind for my blog, but no defined goals. I’m following my instincts with it and enjoying where the journey takes me. My end destination is a content brand, which if able to engage a significant audience I will extend into other revenue generating avenues.
- What do you prefer to read, factual or fictional writing?
Guess it depends on what I’m reading. If it’s a book, then fictional writing all the way. I can never get into something too realistic, perhaps because I read as a getaway where I just want to immerse in something which is not my own world. But I also enjoy short factual reads in articles, such as travel, news, lifestyle, etc.
- Do you prefer poetry or prose?
Prefer prose but like to dabble in poetry occasionally. The latter has a fascinating artistry about it.
- Do you prefer short fiction or novels?
I enjoy both equally.
- What is your dream holiday destination?
Now that’s a tough question, I can only narrow it down to two regions. Mediterranean Europe and the Caribbean Islands.
- How would you spend your last day on earth, if you could chose to do absolutely anything?
Another tough one. I’d probably have a family picnic and laze around in the sun with my family eating sandwiches and drinking lemonade. Of course, I expect the weather to be perfect, if it is to be the last day on earth the gods must be generous to us poor humans and at least give us great weather.
- What is your favourite song?
See, here’s the problem, I don’t have an all-time favourite. It changes from time to time. The only one that comes close is ‘Best Day of My Life – American Authors.’
- Do you use social media to promote your writing and if so, which platforms?
Yes, I do. I only use Twitter and Pinterest.
- Have you ever written a book, or do you plan to (please provide details)?
No, I have not and do not have plans to. I don’t have that much patience. I admire writers who are able to churn out books and successful books at that. My fantasising only reaches as far as a film script.
- Large hotel or small guest house: which do you prefer and why?
Definitely small guest house. I really value the privacy and freedom of a guest house, for me that is a the most enjoyable setting for a holiday.
- CJ Attractions Guide
- Jenny in Neverland
- Passport Overused
- The Sunny Flower
- Thoughts with N
- Travel Vagrant
- Bonjour From Brittany
- Rach Talks Business
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
- What was that defining moment that made you start your blog?
- Have you ever worked a 9-5 job (excluding blogging 😊)? What do you feel about it?
- What is your most memorable travel tale?
- Of the places you travelled where did you find the friendliest home-landers?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- Do you have special talents other than writing?
- Are you a summer, winter, spring, or fall person?
- Who is your all-time favourite author?
- Who is your all-time favourite fictional character?
- People say that money cannot buy happiness, but can you ever be truly happy without any money?
- Do you believe in such a thing as luck? Why or why not?
Thank you Ingrid blogging at experimentsinfiction for nominating me. I found writing this post wonderfully refreshing. 😊
Dear nominees 😊 If you decide to accept the award, please share a link to your post in the comments below. I would love to check-out your answers.